Remove "enter" character ¶ and update it...

• How can I remove the "enter" character from the contents of an SQL Server Tables and replace it with a space character or with a "-" character?

for example I have the following table contents:

"Test1 Desc 

Test2 Desc ?.?. 8162100"

and i want to update it with:

"Test1 Desc - Test2 Desc ?.?. 8162100"

Best regards,

kchrist

• I use a proc to do this, it replaces the carriage return and the linefeed (either or both could be in the string)

CREATE PROCEDURE USP_REMOVE_CRLF @INSTRING VARCHAR(4000)

AS

SELECT @INSTRING = REPLACE(@INSTRING, CHAR(10), ' ')

SELECT @INSTRING = REPLACE(@INSTRING, CHAR(13), ' ')

SELECT @INSTRING

or as an update

UPDATE TABLEA

SET COLUMNB = REPLACE(REPLACE(COLUMNB, CHAR(10), ' '), CHAR(13), ' ')

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

• Thank you very very much Nicholas !!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply