Repeating TABLE Header on each page of the report when you print the exported to excel report.

• Hi. I think you can have a try of RAQ Report.

1. It can help you to export report to Excel. You just need to select the function in the menu in the report IDE.

2. With it, you can set the display style of page header as you like. The only thing is selecting desired style in the dialog box.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• Hi,

I tried to add these element below the Tablix Row, It resulted in an error saying that these properties are not in the scope. The element tablix row in namespace..... has invalid element keepwithGroup. This is how I added in the xml code.

<TablixRows>

<TablixRow>

<KeepWithGroup> After </KeepWithGroup>

<RepeatOnNewPage> true </RepeatOnNewPage>

<KeepTogether> true </KeepTogether>

<Height>0.25in</Height>

<TablixCells>

Anyone has any other idea to fix this rather than re-building the report. this report was built in SSRS 2005 and migrated to SSRS 2008. Now I cant revert back to fix this issue.

• WOW, That actually work!

It took a little time to understand the hierarchy there since it look like there was an unnecessary hierarchy in the xml.

I played with it a little and it work.

Thanks a lot pal,

Roy.

• Hi All,

If its SSRS 2008, make available the "Grouping window" by right clicking on report and selecting "Grouping" from menu.

1. Select "Advanced Mode" ( click on small arrow on right corner of grouping toolbar) this will display all rows of tablix control.

2. Click on the desired static row and press F4 to display properties window.

3. Set "RepeatOnNewPage" to "True" and

4. Set "KeepWithGroup" to "After"

5. Set the property same for all static row in same hierarchy i.e if you have 3 rows before group header in tablix then you need to set these properties for all. otherwise SSRS will display an error.

thanks

• Awesome Siva. It works for me in SSRS 2008.

Thanks.

• Excellent. Creating report from report wizard has different meanign than creating manually. This is i got it today when i was trying to get the report table headers in each page after adding the group ie based on group i was tring for data in different page.

Your suggestion really helped.

Thank you.

• Thank you very much. All I needed to do was change this:

<TablixRowHierarchy>

<TablixMembers>

<TablixMember>

<TablixHeader>

<Size>2.275in</Size>

to this:

<TablixRowHierarchy>

<TablixMembers>

<TablixMember>

<RepeatOnNewPage>true</RepeatOnNewPage>

<KeepTogether>true</KeepTogether>

<TablixHeader>

<Size>2.275in</Size>

• Hi

Select table>>>>Go to Table Properties>>>>>>>there u can see the option "repeat header rows on each page">>>>select the option(screen shot attached).Then header will be display in each page(even when u export)

Please let me if u have any doubts

sank

• Thanks.

I had worked with Visual Studio 2005 building Reports, where you could turn on the repeating Table Column Headers from inside the table properties. Working with 2008, I'm surprised at a lot of the functions that have been removed for Report Builder, including the repeating Column Headers if you use an existing report as a template.

I had to use the Wizard to rebuild the table so I could get the repeating column headers. I copied over the header and footer sectopms from the report I was working on. What a pain. Thanks Microsoft (not).

• Please review the post below which talks about same issue

http://gauravsqlserver.blogspot.com/2011/03/repeat-tablix-row-header-on-each-page.html

• Fantastic.

I just fixed an older, existing report using your directions.

Thanks a lot.

• Hey, I wanted to thank you for this tip! It worked perfectly, and I knew nothing about xml going in. So thanks!

• This one worked for me like a charm....

Thanks.... 🙂

• Thanks the time saver.. 🙂

• Adding the three properties suggested above has worked for me in the past, but it didn't work this time, when I had a Column Group in my Header.

I added a parent Group to my first column and repeated the headers per Group. It worked, but wasn't exactly the layout I was looking for.

Then I researched how come it works when you use the wizard and not when you add the item manually. Interestingly enough I have an identical report in which case the Header also has a Column Group and headers DO repeat. So I figured I wasn't doing something right.... I compared both XMLs and found the following properties:

</TablixRowHierarchy>

<RepeatColumnHeaders>true</RepeatColumnHeaders>

<RepeatRowHeaders>true</RepeatRowHeaders>

These are the properties controlled via the Tablix Properties panel.

If I add <RepeatRowHeaders> to my bad report's XML, SSRS deletes it. It won't let me add the property. However, you I tried adding both directly onto the XML and it worked.

So also try that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply