Replicate from AlwaysOn group

• I need to replicate some tables that are in a database that is part of an always-on group.  When I try using the AG listener name it gives the the error..

SQL Server replication requires the actual server name to make a connection to the server. Specify the actual server name, 'ServerName1'. (Replication.Utilities)

So if I use the name of the primary node it will work, but then what happens when it fails over to ServerName2?  How can I get around this?

This is on SQL 2012 Enterprise Edition.

Thank you!

Jim

• Set it up using the name of the actual instance, and afterwards redirect the publisher to the AG Listener Name.
    This should guide you: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh710046.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply