Replication and archiving

• If you are using transactional replication what is the best way to archive data on the publisher so that the delete is not replicated to the subscriber?

Thanks

Mardy

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• You can change the replication stored procedures used to delete at the subscriber (ie: sp_MSdel_TableName) to ingore the delete. The transactions will be replicated to the subscribers but won't be applied, meaning that if you delete many rows at the publisher, they will also be replicated causing a lot of traffic.

And you can also change the Article properties, setting the delete commands, to none. If you do this, then you will have to re generate the snapshot of at least that article, and you won't be able to use concurrent snapshot option.

• I had a similar question. You say in the articles page, you set the delete to none. Does this mean you replace "CALL sp_MSdel_xxxx" with "NONE"? When I do this the check box goes away for the "replace delete commands with this stored procedure call". I thought that meant that you're not replacing the deletes with anything, and they process the same on the subscriber as the publisher. Am i looking at this wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben

• I have done this before as well.

You want to modify the sp_MSdel_TableName stored procedure on the subscriber so it doesn't delete anything.

This can be rather annoying if you have lots of subscribers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply