Replication error - Lost the columns created

• Hi

Most of our tables in the replicated database has calculated fields as physical columns. I added an article to this existing replication. I went through msdn help and went step by step in the process abt adding an article :

To add an article after a publication is created

1. On the Articles page of the Publication Properties - <Publication> dialog box, clear the Show only checked objects in the list check box. This allows you to see the unpublished objects in the publication database.

2. Select the check box next to each article you want to add.

3. Click OK.

After which I was prompted to reinitialize subscriptions. I did reinitialize and clicked on Generate Snapshot now. The 1st time the snapshot completed, i got an error in one of the tables where it couldnt bulk-copy : 'The process could not bulk copy into table ...'. I increased the Transactional log file and ran the snapshot again through Validate Subscriptions. I didnt get the error afterwards and the snapshot completed properly.

The real problem now is :

1. All the calculated fields that were created as 'physical columns' in the replicated database before is completely gone.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks

PK

• You get the could not bulk-copy error when your disk ran out of space where replication fold exists...

I don't think your snapshot cause anything to remove your columns...

Some one might be deleted or something else happened?

Run the sql trace/profiler during this time and see what happens...

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply