Replication fails to connect to subscriber via named alias

• Hi all. I am trying to set up a SQL Server Transactional Replication between two SQL Servers (SQL Server 2k on both, OS on both = Windows 2003 Server). I am setting up the replicating server to push data to the subscriber. When the replication begins, it keeps failing with error:

The process could not connect to subscriber 03ILCHICAGO-1.

The error details are listed as:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Source: 03ILCHICAGO-1 (Data source); Error number: 18452)

This is strange because I am able to register each of the two SQL servers on each other without any problem.

The registration to the subscription server is established under its named alias '03ILCHICAGO-1'. I used Client Network Utility to set up the alias. However, I have discovered that if I register the server using its IP address instead, then the replication succeeds!?!? I want to be able to use the alias instead of the IP address though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Enable Named Pipes on Subscriber using Server Network Utility.

By your post I understand that u wanted the server registration in the enterprise manager to show the server name instead of the IP address, then u can do the following. In the Client Network Utility while creating alias, select TCP/IP and specify the Server Alias as the Name of the server and Server Name as Server IP address.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply