Replication ISSUES

• Please can someone tell why some replicated tables are populated and some not populated on the same subscription database.

• Are they all in the same publication?

• I have two publications but one subcription

• deebabat (10/3/2012)

I have two publications but one subcription

Are you getting all the tables from one publication and not the other?

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• I am getting the table from one publication but some of the tables are empty, I'M NOT getting any table from the second publication at all.

• deebabat (10/3/2012)

I am getting the table from one publication but some of the tables are empty, I'M NOT getting any table from the second publication at all.

Ok. We're getting somewhere.

Re: missing tables-You will need to create a subscription to the second publication to get those tables. Each subscription can only subscribe to one publication.

Re: empty tables- do you create the empty tables or did the replication?

A few other questions:

Are you replicating tables only?

Are you replicating between more than one instance/server?

is this Snapshot, Transactional or Merge Replication?

Are you are replcating from Sql 08 to 08?

Have you opened the replication monitor and looked for errors?

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• deebabat (10/3/2012)

I am getting the table from one publication but some of the tables are empty, I'M NOT getting any table from the second publication at all.

... one other thing. on each server, check for any failed SQL agent jobs. Ill check back shortly.

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Thanks for replying!

I didn't create any table all were replicated

Publisher is 2005 while subscriber is 2008 r2

• Ok. We're getting somewhere.

Re: missing tables-You will need to create a subscription to the second publication to get those tables. Each subscription can only subscribe to one publication.

Re: empty tables- do you create the empty tables or did the replication? - REPLICATION DID

A few other questions:

Are you replicating tables only? -YES

Are you replicating between more than one instance/server? -YES

is this Snapshot, Transactional or Merge Replication? - TRANSACTIONAL

Are you are replcating from Sql 08 to 08? - 05 to 08

Have you opened the replication monitor and looked for errors? - NO ERROR

• deebabat (10/3/2012)

Ok. We're getting somewhere.

Re: empty tables- do you create the empty tables or did the replication? - REPLICATION DID

A few other questions:

Are you replicating tables only? -YES

Are you replicating between more than one instance/server? -YES

is this Snapshot, Transactional or Merge Replication? - TRANSACTIONAL

Are you are replcating from Sql 08 to 08? - 05 to 08

Have you opened the replication monitor and looked for errors? - NO ERROR

Replication issues can be tricky, especially when I am not looking at it for myself. Please forgive the barage of basic and not-so-basic questions:

1) Did you set this up? If so, when?

2) Which of these servers are setup as a distributor - the Publisher, Subscriber or another sever?

3) Is this Push or Pull Replication, E.g. are the SQL Agent Replication jobs running on the 05 Server (Push) or on the 08 Server (pull)

4) How often is your transactional replication setup to replicate?

5) If this is not a new replication setup - has it ever worked as expected?

6) So I am clear about the issue (and ignoring the published tables that are not subscribed to) - are there are some published tables that are replicating successfully and others that are not?

For example:

Published table-A has rows, Published table-B has rows... You insert a record into the both the Published tables... Do you see a new record on the subscriber for table-A and table-B?

I will be back in a couple hours...

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Thanks again for helping!

I was able to view the synchronization status and I discovered that the tables are being populated and the second publisher's synchronization status is show that the tables are being added.

Once again thanks so much

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply