Replication process has been given error.

• Invalid destination path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data.

Changed database context to 'master'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.1399&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=14430&LinkId=20476

------------------------------

Server Name: GMSERVER

Error Number: 14430

Severity: 16

State: 1

Procedure: sp_adddistributiondb

Line Number: 214

I have already checked the permisson on all related folders , services its looks OK ,

Please help us.

Regards

Amit

• Hi Amit,

If you don't mind, could you please elaborate the issue which you are experiencing wit Replication?

• While we are configuring the Distributor thru wizard or using script also, then the error is coming.

SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition

• Are you sure that path exists? Make sure that full path is there... That is what the error is telling you, that the folder does not exist. Also, in the future make sure that you post your questions in the right forum to get the best answers. This is a 2008 forum, not 2005.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Hi Jared,

Path is existing and has full access rights. Still we are getting the Invalid Destination path error.

Also we have tried to configure the distributor on to another path, but same error is coming.

Further we will make sure to post the question on correct forum in future

Please help.

Thanks

Amit

• Are you configuring this distribution database on another server. Just checking if you are checking on the correct server?

M&M

• No we are configuring the Distribution on the same server on default location c:\programfiles.....

Regards

Amit

• If this is the full path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data" I believe that the error is telling you it does not exist. Make sure that it is all spelled exactly. I have seen this error when the Data folder was deleted. It will not create it, it has to be present.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply