Replication - Telephone line

• Hi Experts,

Can I do the Merge replication by using Telephone Lines? Will it be effecient?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In advance.

With Regards

Anees Ahamed.N.

• I've done it once.

I dind't found any problems.

It will al depend of how much transactions you will deliver each time you connect.

When I did it, I create a batch file with the rasdial command, to connect with my phone line, once connected it fired the distribution job of my transactional replication.

Once the job finished, then I disconnect.

• quote:

I've done it once.

I dind't found any problems.

It will al depend of how much transactions you will deliver each time you connect.

When I did it, I create a batch file with the rasdial command, to connect with my phone line, once connected it fired the distribution job of my transactional replication.

Once the job finished, then I disconnect.

Thanks, Shall you give me some documents and tips to do this? Thanks in advance.

• Don't have much documents.

All I can say is that you first must create a dial up connection, then with rasdial, you can connect to that connection.

What I did was this. First lunch the connection with rasdial (all this in one single batch file), if the conecction was stablished OK, then I run the distribution agent job to start replication. Also add a step to the job to leave a single file when the agent finished ok.

The batch file, in a loop, was looking for that file, and when found it, then disconnect the conecction and leave.

If the file wasn't created in a period of time, then the connection was also terminated, and if the distribution agent job failed, then it leave a diferente file to tell the batch to exit the connection with error.

I did it a long time ago, and I don't have any documentation or batch file left.

Sorry.

• Thanks for your kind information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply