Report Builder

• Our end users build their own reports using report builder.

When they add a prompt which is a list of items it is sorted alphabetically when viewed in report builder design time.

However when you run the report the list appears no longer in any sort sequence.

Can anyone tell me how to set the prompt up so the list is in alphabetic sequence when the report is run and the user is prompted to set the paramater.

• If you want the results sorted I am assuming you need to create your model with either a query with ORDERBY or a View with ORDERBY so the results are sorted by default.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• No ..it's not the results order that is the issue.

The list a paramater for the report. Users use it to select a suburb to filter the report on.

In design time these suburbs appear in alphabettical order. However, once the report is made available to the end users and they click on the paramater list of suburbs they are nolonger in alphabettical sequence. As there are a large number it makes it very difficult to find the one they want to base the report on

• I am not aware of parameters doing a sort because you need ORDERBY to do a sort in SQL and when creating a model in SSRS 2005 your options are limited. So a parametized query is doing a sort when the users create a report but there is nothing to persist such behavior in report builder.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply