Report Builder questions

• Hi,

1. Only the members of the server local admin group can see the "Report Builder" button on the reporting Services toolbar.

What need to be configured to allow group of the non-local admins to see and run report buider from the toolbar?

2. As a local administrator on the server, I can see the button and run "Report Builder". It is fine when I am going it directly on a server. When I am trying to do it from the client PC getting the error:

"Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of http://server1/ReportServer/ReportBuilder/ReportBuilder.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Downloading http://server1/ReportServer/ReportBuilder/ReportBuilder.application did not succeed.

+ The remote server returned an error:

(407) Proxy Authentication Required."

How to fix it?

Thank you.

LY

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• If you remove the proxy settings from the internet options of the browser, you will be able to see the report builder application.

tools -> Internet options -> Connections -> Lan Settings

Remove the proxy server settings and the address specified.

I dont know the reason behind it, but it works. if anyone can come up with a better solution , please post it.

• I found ticking "Bypass proxy for local addresses" worked for me.

Cheers

Chris

• These answers are fine if you are hosting the server internally ( turning off the proxy for many people will remove there access to the internet ) but what if the server is hosted by a third party external to your organisation ? Proxy servers are not a new concept, I would have thought that this would be something that worked.

• You should be able to specify specific addresses/ranges with which you want to bypass the proxy. It's in the advanced settings section.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply