Report Restriction through LoginID

• Hello All,

I have a requirement in report, such as if im login in SSRS through login id "vinit". Vinit is one of the employee of the company working in sales activities.

Now there is one report there named "Business Activities".

There is different different selection paramter like,Branch, SBUHead,SalesEmployeeName,FromDate, ToDate.

So curretly LoginID Vinit can able to access all the other department data also.For example if he select SalesEmployee "Ajay", he can see his data too..I want to restrict "vinit" in such a way that he can access his data only not other.

Is there any way or any other method to accomplish it?

Please guide me its one of the major company threat.

Regards,

AKM

• We use something like this to grab AD credentials and pass them along to the stored procedure.

Set a userID parameters default to:

=Replace(User!UserID,"Domainname\","")

• Thanks for the reply,

Can you please give me one example how to use this login credential in SP. It will be really helpful for me.

Regards,

AKM

• we have a table that holds login information and then the user's staffID which links them all over our data. So we send in something like DC0123 and find that the user's system ID is 389. Then use that 389 to grab just their data.

• can you please give me example of SP. Because i want to do this stuff in SP. It will be really helpful for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply