Report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

• Hi all,

Since I am having an admin issue with SSRS, I am posting in this area. Please let me know if i should post it in the Business intellegence area.

I have been googling this relentlessly the whole of last day, couldnt find anything useful.

my Environment:

-SQL Server 2005 x64 enterprise sp2

-Reporting Service 2005

-pretty beefed by machine(4 dual core w/ 8GB RAM).

I am getting the below error, when going to http://DevSQL2k5Srv2/ReportServer, this is the web service that supports the http://DevSQL2k5Srv2/Reports URL.

Reporting Services Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help

o Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL Server Reporting Services

It was working fine until I tried to configure an additional user "RptPub" as the SSRS publisher and make the user "RptViewer" a browser.

Initially, the SSRS is setup with "RptViewer" as "system user" and "Publisher".

Also, “RptViewer” was configured for "Anonymous access" in the IIS. I tried to make this default user (iusr_DevSQL2k5Srv2).

- Added a new user “RptPub” user on DevSQL2k5Srv2.

- In IIS, I opened Default web site > properties > ASP.NET tab > Edit Configuration button > Authentication Tab > changed Authentication mode = “None” from Windows.

t started failing after that. But it didn’t work even after I changed it back to “Windows”. And report server never worked after that.

I am getting the below error when the Authentication mode = “None”

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +73

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +175

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +176

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

When I change it back to Authentication mode = “Windows”, it gives me the below error.

Error

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

Home

I am almost certain that the issue is with the reporting services and not the IIS. But I could be wrong.

If you want to see I can send you the report server logs as well.

Kindest Regards,
    Shivaram Challa
    (http://challa.net - Home of the "Excel to CSV converter & Browsepad applications".)
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• wow... havn't any body come across a similar situation?? :crying:

Kindest Regards,
    Shivaram Challa
    (http://challa.net - Home of the "Excel to CSV converter & Browsepad applications".)
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply