Report time out problem

• Hello All Experts,

Last from 10 days im facing a very strange issue in reports.

The reports accessed by Branch users is gets time out, they are getting error like "Page can not be displayed" or asking again userid and password window. This error generally occurs when we select selection parameter of the report or sometime when click in view report option.

At branch end some of the other reports doesnot have such problems, they are opening. but i doesnt know why such prob comes in these reports.

My branch user is connected to the Windows server 2003 s2, sql 2005 with VPN.

Actaully the problem only occuring in branch offices, all the locally end user there is not any problems.

Please help me as this is really a strange issue. I have also googled and tried all the options but no hope.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Please help me.

Regards,

AKM

• Abhit,

The problem is of Windows User authentication (NTLM Security policy)

Raunak J

• Thanks for the reply.

Can you give me some detailed explantion of the same, as im not aware of networking aspects.

• In your rsreportserver.config...

<Authentication>

<AuthenticationTypes>

<!--RSWindowsNegotiate/-->

<RSWindowsNTLM/>

</AuthenticationTypes>

</Authentication>

this will disable the handshaking (the credentials prompt) that used to appear while accessing any reports.

Raunak J

• in rsreportserver.config file, the text is not present.

Its seems to be some other issue.

• You can add the missing text to the file, just make sure that you close of the xml tags correctly.

We are the pilgrims, master.
    We shall go always, a little further.
  • Thanks for the reply.

When i add this missing text, and try to restart reporting service then its not starting.

Please help me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply