Reporting Services

• Does reporting services work with SQL Server Express?

• yes, but with limited functionality

Here's the list of things you can't do with reporting services in sql server express:

Scheduled report processing, caching, snapshots, subscriptions, and delivery are not supported.

Analysis Services, Oracle, XML, SAP, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), OLE DB, and ODBC data sources are not supported.

Remote data sources are not supported. Reports that are hosted in a SQL Server Express report server must retrieve SQL Server relational data from a local SQL Server Express Database Engine instance.

Ad hoc reporting through semantic models and Report Builder is not supported.

TIFF (Image), XML, and CSV rendering extensions are not supported.

The Reporting Services API extensible platform for delivery, data processing, rendering, and security is not supported.

Custom authentication extensions and custom role assignments are not supported. You must map existing Windows domain user and group accounts to predefined role definitions.

Custom report items are not supported.

Managing a long-running report process is not supported. Specifically, you cannot use the Manage Jobs feature in Report Manager to stop report processing.

Scale-out deployment is not supported.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365166.aspx

• Thank you.

• Ho do you map existing Windows domain user and group accounts to predefined role definitions? I have been through many texts and the BOL and I have not been able to find an answer.

• As part of the Reporting services config tool, you set up two virtual directories in IIS, one of which is the "report manager". That's where you have access to the groups.

How are these folders set up? if they're set up to allow anonymous access, then everyone would be getting guest access (or more or less denied at that point). Try turning off anonymous access in the directory security for those folders in IIS.

Also - have you gone though the Reporting Services Configuration tool? You really need to, so as to make sure the dir's are right, and the permissions get set up....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply