reporting services

• Hi,

Can anyone help me in solving this issue.

I need to install database engine in one machine and reporting services in another machine and wants to generate reports.Is this possible.

Please advice!!!!!!!!!!!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]+++BLADE+++[/font]:cool:

• Not only is it possible, it's recommended.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Can you please make it clear

• Per Microsoft you need at least the relational engine installed with SSRS or it will not run because the SSRS service is initialized by the relational engine. There is some docs I will post it when I find it.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I want to generate reports without any database engine installed in the machine

• But is it possible through Business Intelligence Developement Studio

• You cannot run production SSRS without the relational engine. BIDs is a development tool build to test code you cannot compare that to production deployment.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks.......So you are telling that without any database engine the reporting services will not work.Am i correct

• That is correct because if you look you will find upgrade and migration not running with SSRS not inintialized error because the Master database does not know the SSRS database and tempdb in the new server. I will find the requirement doc and post it.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks a lot peddie.........:-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply