Reporting Services problem exporting large files to CSV

• Dear All,

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a problem that I am facing with exporting large (2500 reported pages, each 60 lines or so) reports from the Report Viewer to CSV. Everything works fine with smaller ones. What happens is when exporting, after about 70 seconds or so, it confronts me with a User/Password dialogue. I enter the user password and click Save Password then it continues for another minute or two, during which it confronts me with 2 more Password Dialogues. I do exactly as before then it says: You are not authorised to view this page.

I tried increasing the Internet Explorer timeout limits, the Reporting Server config file limits .. etc. Is this unique to me only??

Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Osama

Orbit PAY TV company - Bahrain

• Most likely your server is running out of memory and the SSRS service is recylcing.  I'd check the event logs for more info.  I've had this same issue and increasing the memory on the server resolved it.

• Dear David,

Thank you very much for your very useful support. I had a look and I think your analysis is right. It is the memory. I saw in the event log several errors relating to the memory.

Well Done adn much appreciated!

Thanks

Osama

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply