ReportViewer print option say 'unable to load client print control'

• I am using report viewer 2005 to display SSRS 2005 report using c# apsx page. Issue i am getting is when i click print button on report viewer one of the two web server is display print dialog box but other one display message saying 'unable to load print client control'.

Strange thing is both the web servers are identical in their config setting.

please advice

• **replaced as wrong answer.

• Make sure both web servers are updated with the latest patch. The server includes a print control that is downloaded to the web browser. This control needs to be the right version for the web browser version. I experienced this when users upgraded to new versions of Windows with new browser versions. When they attempt to access the print control the browser tries to download an updated version and does not find it. So it's the server and client combination. An older client will work with an out of date server and an updated server, but a newer client will not work with an out of date server. Check the server properties Version number and compare them. They should be the same. If they are, then make sure you check the same client browser against both servers.

• We had this problem with our SSRS 2005 installation. Gromey's right - our admins solved the problem that way.

Jason Wolfkill

• Thanks Gromey,

Let me try to troubleshoot this issue using your advice.

• This issue actually has to do with some Security Update from Microsoft.... take a look at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/8d7f3b6a-6a23-4c25-a9ae-846d1391bf9e/[/url]

• That's right. The last time I updated our server for the new control, it was included as part of a security update. The changes in the control version may have been due to security issues to run against the newer browsers or it was just bundled into the security patch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply