Repository for Useful SQL Queries

• I would like to get an idea of what solutions people have used for this. We have half a dozen people building SQL Queries for ad-hoc or on-demand style extracts. Some of these are very useful, and each person keeps their own library, if even at all.

What I would like is some web interface to upload and store queries, along with descriptions and key words, or ideally, a set of cascading categories that can be specified for organized logging and searching. Something to that affect. Then, others can browse and search so we're not always reinventing the wheel.

Thank you!

• Sharepoint can create knowledge bases for this, I bet their are templates available.

What I try to encourage on ad hoc queries is paste your select into the bottom of the email or onto a different sheet in an excel spreadsheet when delivering results. This way when someone says so and so ran this report for me last year, can you run it again?, you have the code right there.

Otherwise we just save queries in a folder with very long descriptive names.

A repository/knowledge base is great if people actually use them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply