Resource Governor Calculations

• Tom.Thomson (4/29/2011)

Arrgh!! I see 36% got it wrong. I hope no-one feels too insulted by the above. But can it be true: 36% of SQLServerCentral subscribers are either seriously perverse or think MS is (or both)?

Or could it be that 36% went, "It can't be that easy," and tried to figure out how it "was" more complicated?

• cfradenburg (4/29/2011)

Tom.Thomson (4/29/2011)

Arrgh!! I see 36% got it wrong. I hope no-one feels too insulted by the above. But can it be true: 36% of SQLServerCentral subscribers are either seriously perverse or think MS is (or both)?

Or could it be that 36% went, "It can't be that easy," and tried to figure out how it "was" more complicated?

Yes, but wouldn't it be fun to hear WHY they came up with the wrong answer? The logic they used would be interesting to hear and might be fun to discuss... Anyone else that guessed wrong for a REASON want to share? Maybe they are thinking of something they want or think should happen that should be considered for a future release... stranger things have happened!

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Thanks for the question, good to explore some of the newer features.

• Peter Trast (4/29/2011)

cfradenburg (4/29/2011)

Tom.Thomson (4/29/2011)

Yes, but wouldn't it be fun to hear WHY they came up with the wrong answer? The logic they used would be interesting to hear and might be fun to discuss... Anyone else that guessed wrong for a REASON want to share? Maybe they are thinking of something they want or think should happen that should be considered for a future release... stranger things have happened!

Well, I wasn't sure about this question. I picked 40%. It's just a guess. I knew that the answer can't be 25, or 60. So it's a 50-50 chance between 75 and 40.

My logic below:

100% - default's max + admin's min = 100% - (50% + 10%) = 40%

Also, I thought default group has more priority. So, if the default use all its allowed portion which is 50%, then there's only 50% left for other group, so the Sales group can't consume more than 50%.

It turns out I'm totally wrong. Well, I learned something new. Nothing to complain about that. 😛

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hai Ton
    My Db4Breakfast blog.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply