Restoring ReportServer Database

• I'm setting up and testing a new SQL Server 2008 R2. I'm testing backup/restore of the ReportServer database using Management Studio.

For an attempted restore I have the "Overwrite the existing database (with replace)" and "Leave the database ready to use by rolling back uncommitted transactions" options selected.

I get this error message: "Restore failed for server: Exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use." I'm attempting to restore from full and differential backups. No transaction log backups.

Can someone tell me the proper way to restore the ReportServer database?

• USE [MASTER]

GO

ALTER DATABASE REPORTSERVER SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;

GO

then restore it

Regards,

Syed Jahanzaib Bin Hassan

MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog

http://www.aureus-salah.com

Regards,
    BSCS | MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog
    www.aureus-salah.com

• database probably in use by reporting services, stop this service before doing the restore, restart reporting services afterwards

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• that was understood to stop the reporing services first then if he has any problem like as he mentioned then do that

Regards,

MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog

http://www.aureus-salah.com

Regards,
    BSCS | MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog
    www.aureus-salah.com

• Thanks. That was it. I needed th stop reporting services, perform the database restore, and then start reporting services.

• If u get database in use means that database is currently in use so we need to kill the users in that particular database and then do a restore and give a try thanks

• Thanks!! Actually I was mad looking for a solution and your post gave it to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply