Restrict Hyperlink in Report

• Hello All Experts,

I have made one matrix report, in which i have taken one column group named as "Branch".

It will display dynamically all the branches. Now in that column group i have added two sub column

as "PO", "SO". In column "PO" i have given link of anther report with the paramtere also.

Now there is a hyperlink in PO column which is display for all the branches, i want that the hyperlink should be there for only branch name "AHD", for other branches there should not be any hyperlink to go another report.

Is this possible? if yes then how can we do this?

Regards,

AKM

• HOW MANY ACCOUNTS CAN U CREATE IN SSRS

• abhitkumar (8/21/2010)

Hello All Experts,

I have made one matrix report, in which i have taken one column group named as "Branch".

It will display dynamically all the branches. Now in that column group i have added two sub column

as "PO", "SO". In column "PO" i have given link of anther report with the paramtere also.

Now there is a hyperlink in PO column which is display for all the branches, i want that the hyperlink should be there for only branch name "AHD", for other branches there should not be any hyperlink to go another report.

Is this possible? if yes then how can we do this?

Regards,

AKM

I've done something similiar way back in access. What I had done is precheck wheter there was data for the subreport by doing an exists. I'd return 1 if there was and 0 if not.

Once you have that data just add an expression in the visibility property... iif(colname = 1, true, false). I'm not sure of the syntax but that's the general idea.

• veera.1255 (8/21/2010)

HOW MANY ACCOUNTS CAN U CREATE IN SSRS

So did you pass your interview yet?

• Hi,

i didnt get your que.but if you want to display all records for particular branch in one hyperlink then you can change your query for same.

• no, this is not like that. i want that from one subgrp column we have the functionality of selecting another subreport.

and this is done by me.

under navigation tab: we have to write as

=IIF(Fields!whscode.Value = "AHD","reportname",Nothing)

Now i am getting stuck on anothe part.

Also i want to know,

suppose parent column grp have two subgrp.

Now if suppose i want to display only one subgrp for branch "AHD" and for other it will display as two subgrp.

How it can be done?

• Not entirely sure I'm following you, but change your dataset to return the subgroups that you want concatenated into one field, then display that field, so if there's one (like for AHD) then it displays one, if more than one, it displays all of them.

Would that work?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply