Retrieve employee data without using stored procedure and c

• odanwada (5/19/2011)

without using stored procedure and temp tables

I've been watching this one too...but the requirements scream "homework" to me, where the teacher wants you to use a specific set of rules to learn a concept.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• odanwada (5/19/2011)

I dont know exactly why my manager is asking like that.. but he strictly told that do not use SPROCS, Cursors or Temp Tables...

I think my manager wants the solution in different ways..

I would absolutely find out why you can't use stored procedures. It doesn't matter for the solution you're looking for, but it also doesn't make any sense.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lowell (5/20/2011)

... the requirements scream "homework" to me..

Obviously not screaming loud enough for me to hear, doh! :blush:

• Thanks nigel this solves my problem...

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply