Ridiculous

• It is, and it all depends on where you live...:-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• TravisDBA (9/7/2012)

That all depends on where you live...:-D

I have to disagree with that. You make the neighborhood what you want. You either take the time to get to know your neighbors or stay next door strangers all your life.

• What exact town and area of that town do you live in?:-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• TravisDBA (9/7/2012)

What exact town and area of that town do you live in?:-D

Southeast side of Colorado Springs, just outside of Gate 20 to Fort Carson.

• :w00t:

• A basic problem of "doing the right thing" has been raised here, that is, it can be dangerous. MLK knew this well. The comments about security are pretty standard. People who attend conferences are usually people who know something about marketing themselves, and similar rules apply in the case of "doing the right thing".

Specifically, don't take the first "No" as the final answer. If the first security officer or conference official or random person doesn't do anything, go ask another. You don't need to form a posse, but don't hang your head and walk away either. The first person you say something to might be having a bad day or is someone who just doesn't care.

P.S. I've been to CO Springs, nice town.

• WolforthJ (9/11/2012)

A basic problem of "doing the right thing" has been raised here, that is, it can be dangerous. MLK knew this well. The comments about security are pretty standard. People who attend conferences are usually people who know something about marketing themselves, and similar rules apply in the case of "doing the right thing".

Specifically, don't take the first "No" as the final answer. If the first security officer or conference official or random person doesn't do anything, go ask another. You don't need to form a posse, but don't hang your head and walk away either. The first person you say something to might be having a bad day or is someone who just doesn't care.

P.S. I've been to CO Springs, nice town.

Don't forget to send an email or a letter to the organizer to document the complaint. Just the basic facts that you reported the incident to X at such and such a time about an incident that happened at Y should suffice.

• Well Steve, It looks as if I missed a real live on.

But back to what you had started to say, inappropriate behavior is by definition inappropriate. And as I continue to state the obvious, just because you are a little loose does not give you the right nor privilege to violate another.

If a person is too drunk to control themselves then external controls should be put in place so they do stay under control.

And lastly and advance without invitation of some sort is inappropriate sexual behavior. And if the person advancing does not stop after a "no" then they are saying 'yes' to the consequences of their behavior. Getting tossed out on their keister is not always a bad thing. It can be better than tossed in jail. Which violates the old adage "Never come home in a squad car!"

Sorry this sounds a tad old fashioned, but that is the way I see it.

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply