row count in footer

• I'm trying to build a simple report in SSRS 2005.  It lists the Store Contacts from the sample AdventureWorks database using the following query:

SELECT     Sales.Store.Name, Person.ContactType.Name AS Type, Person.Contact.LastName, Person.Contact.FirstName, Person.Contact.Phone

FROM         Sales.Store INNER JOIN

Sales.StoreContact ON Sales.Store.CustomerID = Sales.StoreContact.CustomerID INNER JOIN

Person.Contact ON Sales.StoreContact.ContactID = Person.Contact.ContactID INNER JOIN

Person.ContactType ON Sales.StoreContact.ContactTypeID = Person.ContactType.ContactTypeID

ORDER BY Sales.Store.Name, Person.Contact.LastName, Person.Contact.FirstName

I'd like to show two totals in the footer of the table:  one for the total number of stores and the other for the total number of contacts.  I'm not interested in grouping on the store name since this is just a simple alpha list.

I can get the total number of contacts by using the =CountRows() expression in the footer.  How can I get the total number of stores?  (A store may have more than one contact).

• I would look into using the CountDistinct aggregate function for displaying the total number of stores

• Thanks Thomas. 

=CountDistinct(Fields!Name.Value) works like a champ.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply