RS client printing error

• Hi,

We have 2 servers with RS:

1.SQL Server 2000 SP3a + RS SP2

2.SQL RS 2005 SP1

When we try to use client side printing in SQL 2000 RS we getting error "An error occured during printing '0x8007F304' ".

When we try to use client side printing in SQL 2005 RS, it print fine without any problem.

Thank you,

Lenn

• I had something similar to this for a while.  I had to uninstall the print control and then reconnect to the 2005 server and re-install the print control to fix it.

• Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I'll do it tomorrow.

But I need that reports can be print from RS for both RS2000 and RS2005.

Thanks,

Lenn

• I'm having the same problem, though we have now ditched the SS2000 report manager. Seems you can't have your cake AND eat it.

• I have this problem as well. We've opened a ticket with Microsoft. Aparently it is something with their GDIplus

Once I get a solution, I will post it.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Thank you everybody for replies.

I am going to look for solution with the help of Microsoft.

• You can go to your winnt\“Downloaded Program Files” directory and right click update or delete the RSClientPrint active x control.  If you delete it then the next time you click the print button on the RS toolbar it will download.  This can help if you have an old or corrupted control. 

• I have tried this solution to remove "RSClientPrint Class" from the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\.

And, you are right, it installed ActiveX on the next print attempt. But it did not fix the problem.

• Microsoft had requested that I remove the display driver on my server. My first question, was how would the display driver affect printing. Apparently, the printing feature utilizes the GDIplus.dll which the Display driver changes settings in. I know this is a basic answer but it worked.

So, uninstall your display driver, reboot the machine and cancel the install of the driver and you should be able to print.

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • I know this is a little old, but maybe you still remember, my question is WHICH server did you uninstall the video driver on, SQL Server or the Web Server?

Thanks,

Robert

• Well, actually the server we have was both the SQL and the Web server. I would think it is the Web Server though, since it's the webserver/aspx files generating the file for printing.

Jason L. Selburg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply