rsInvalidRSEditionConfiguration on restore of RS Server

• I have a SRS 2000 implementation that became corrupt after a server crash.  I uninstalled SRS and reinstalled it with SP2 as it was before.  I restored the databases and registered the keys.  Now I get the following error:

This edition of Reporting Services does not support web farm deployment. (rsInvalidRSEditionConfiguration) Get Online Help

This edition of SQL Reporting Services does not support web farm deployment (rsInvalidRSEditionConfiguration).

This server is not in a web farm deployment.  It is one server that just needed to be restored.

Any ideas?

• Check if this link helps

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/mpearson/recoveryplanningforsqlreportingservices.asp

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Yeah did all that.  The install works if I wipe out the RSDBKEY, but it would take a long time to set everything back up on Data Sources and such.  When I restore the key I get the error.

• Okay.  Cleared the keys and reinputted them and it got me in but now its giving me the ol' "Bad Data" errors on the reports and when I go into the data sources.

• The "Bad Data" error is on the subscriptions, correct?. I had that same problem yesterday on my subscriptions, but got corrected by opening them and refreshing the data on the subscriptions (credentials for shared folders and refreshing the schedules). After that, they worked fine.

Hope this works for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply