Run SSIS Package through Job or Stored procedure

• Hello,

I had created one SSIS package which convert Access table to SQL server table.

For Creating that i did remote login to our SQL Server machine with the login id administrator.

When i run this package within SSIS Package environment its run perfectly.

But when i trying to define job for running this package it don't allow me giving below message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SQL-Server.Management.Smo.SimpleObjectKey' to type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobObjectKey'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

BUTTONS:

OK

Please help me

Regards,

• What type of job step are you defining and what parameters are you using?

Can you even create a new job? Where in the process are you getting stuck?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Hello,

1. I developed a SSIS package which convert access table to sql server 2005 table.

which run perfectly fine within the package environment.

2. I saved this package within filesystem with the security level DontSaveSensitive.

3. Now i created on credential and proxy account with the same name using which i logged in SSIS package and created the package.

4. After that i created new job

in the step section i defined SQL Server Integration Package in the Type section and myProxy(Proxy that i had created having right for running SQl Agent) in the Run as section.

In the Package Source : Filesystem

and the select the package in Package section.

Rest of the part is same as for normal job definition.

But when i click on the ok button i got the message that i mention in my post.

Regards,

• When you save a package with "Don't Save Sensitive" none of the connection passwords are saved.

You have to use one of the other protection levels. I'd advise "Encrypt Sensitive With Password" or "Encrypt All With Password" so that if someone else needs to admin the package, they aren't locked out by your user key.

Why do you have the package saved as File System instead of MSDB anyway? If you save it to the MSDB it gets backed up every time you backup the MSDB database. And if you save it to the wrong share on your File System, it might not get backed up at all. Have you double-checked with your server admin to make sure they back up that file share?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• It's most probably you try to create your job from your machine, on typical developer machine you have your VS2K5 and query Analyzer but do not have the smo clr install. Try remote control on to the server you should be able to create the job, or install a copy of SQL developer edition on your local machine will install the library.

Saving as a file base SSIS is not the issue, I have seen company using 100+ .dtsx files, work like a charm

MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, MCT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply