running database clusters

• Is any one familiar running database clusters and how can I check if my db running database clusters? Thank you

• What is the operating system you r running on ?

What is the IP of your server?Is it the same as your database IP (Check for virtual IP)

Check the cluster administrator for configuration!

Regards,

Pavan.

• What is the operating system you r running on ?

Microsoft Windows NT 5.2 (3790)

What is the IP of your server?

Is it the same as your database IP (Check for virtual IP) How to check for it?

Check the cluster administrator for configuration!

set to N

• Right Click on your SQL Instance and select Properties.

In the very first dialog, you have the last property Is Clustered . A TRUE Value Indicates it is clustered a False Value indicates, It is not clustered.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• If it has multiple peanuts, it's clustered. If it's just one peanut per database, then it's not. Seems simple to me.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (11/16/2009)

If it has multiple peanuts, it's clustered. If it's just one peanut per database, then it's not. Seems simple to me.

What if you have a bunch of single peanuts (actually, I prefer almonds myself) all on the same dish. Wouldn't that be a cluster?

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey Williams-493691 (11/16/2009)

GSquared (11/16/2009)

If it has multiple peanuts, it's clustered. If it's just one peanut per database, then it's not. Seems simple to me.

What if you have a bunch of single peanuts (actually, I prefer almonds myself) all on the same dish. Wouldn't that be a cluster?

Google "peanut clusters".

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (11/16/2009)

Jeffrey Williams-493691 (11/16/2009)

GSquared (11/16/2009)

Can I load balance a Peanut, or failover to a different peanut should the primary peanut has failed?

What if my peanuts are geographically disperse single peanuts using mirroring and a homegrown Banyan vines solution to load balance them, would that be a cluster?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I'm confused, if we're talking about vines and clusters, shouldn't there be a bottle somewhere?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• CirquedeSQLeil (11/16/2009)

GSquared (11/16/2009)

Jeffrey Williams-493691 (11/16/2009)

GSquared (11/16/2009)

Can I load balance a Peanut, or failover to a different peanut should the primary peanut has failed?

What if my peanuts are geographically disperse single peanuts using mirroring and a homegrown Banyan vines solution to load balance them, would that be a cluster?

Can I add my Nestle clusters to the K*****s (name hidden for copyright reasons) peanut bites and then cross-reference and load balance with the vines and multi brand nut selection on the sigle dish?

Would it be possible to then bond with the geographicallly dispersed setups using a trust relationship through linked-nuts?

And what about the Cashew? Surely they to can be clustered and mirrored to give a 99.99% stable cluster.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply