Running SQL mail with Groupwise

• Due to company changes I've got to change from using Exchange to Novell groupwise for my mail client.

All of the test xp_sendmail procedures work to test mail configuration i.e.

exec master..xp_test_mapi_profile <profilename>

exec master..xp_get_mapi_default_profile

exec master..xp_get_mapi_profiles

exec master..xp_startmail, and I can start a session from Enterprise manager -> SQLmail

Yet when I try to send a mail using xp_sendmail I get the error  : - Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

Has any one any ideas on how to resolve this I've got till 16:30 GMT tomorrow (it's now 13:30). I like advance notice of change - don't you?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Stuart,

I do not believe it's possible - see INF: Frequently Asked Questions - SQL Server - SQL Mail for details. We've had the same issue on the client site and gave up on SQL Mail altogether. Instead, we used CDO mail as documented in HOW TO: Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server.

Also, check http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/ckempster/sendingalertsviaacustomsmtpprocedure_printversion.asp - may be it'll also help.

Forgot to add: some alert functionality is lost when not using SQL Mail, unfortunately.

Cheers

--
    George

• There is a good article at http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm on using an extended stored procedure to replace SQLMail. This site includes the dll, and examples on using it. This solution also allows attachments to the mail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply