Sarbanes and Oxley (SOX) security reports

• Any one have a script(s) of how pull all logins, related users, and rights to all databases?  I am trying to put this together for Sarbanes Oxley audit.  Any one else working on this?

Thanks,

Joseph Devereaux

• I wrote a script several years ago that might help, I wrote it for 6.5 for the swynk.com site. <g>

Anyway, it's at http://www.databasejournal.com/scripts/article.php/1546401, I hope it helps.  You'll need to do a search/replace on the script to change double quotes to single quotes, it seems to work under 2000, it creates a view that you can then select from and do whatever you want.

Good luck!

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Thanks, that helped on the object side.  I am also looking for one that would display something like:

Sid, UserName, DatabaseName, Server Role, Database Role, ect.

When I figure out some/part of it I will post it here.

Thanks again,

Joseph Devereaux

• FYI, added a Sarbannes Oxley forum.

• Sorry, I don't have a quick answer for what you're looking for.  All I can suggest is that there is a world of information looking at the system tables and within the Master DB.  The information is there, it's just a matter of constructing the right views to retrieve it.

Good luck!  I hope you'll share your solution when you get one.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Thanks Steve for the new group. 

If/when I get this other query figured out I will post it.

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply