Save all DTS Packages on a SQL 2000 Instance to VB Scripts

• Now I know there are scripts out there that allow you to export all DTS packages to .DTS files but what I'm looking for is an automated way to perform the task of

File -> Save As -> VB Script File

Thanks!!!

• Ther have been many discussions on this. Check out this one

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=5&messageid=179518

• thanks for the link but if you read the thread in that discussion the suggestions that are made are either manually saving (which is what I'm trying to avoid) or scripts included are to save to a .DTS file (which can't be viewed/searched against)

Unless I'm missing something I don't believe my question was answered in that thread

• Sorry I may hav grabbed the wrong one. Just search for "Export DTS" in the site search option looking in discussion groups.

• hehehe everytime you reply you give me false hope

I've searched the site and have found nothing.  I've found similar requests but no answers.  I can't believe that there isn't a genius out there that has done this.  (Hows that for sucking up?? hehehe)

Thanks

• Hi,

you can open up a DTS package in the Enterprise Manager and do a Save As and select a VB .BAS file.

Also you can save DTS Packages created by the Wizard in VB. 

I have noticed that sometime the lines are too long for VB and are broken, but its easy to go thru the code and see where this is happening as these lines will be in red and the code wont run!! I would also check to see if the line of vb has then been inserted with a line break  _  like the blue one there, to rectify the problem.

I hope this helps,

Ciao for now,

Mike

• Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply but the goal is to automatically save ALL DTS packages as VB .BAS files.  In a situation where I have a couple hundred DTS packages opening each one individually and doing a FILE -> SAVE AS is what I'm trying to avoid.

Colin

• A few days ago, I posted an identical question (phrased differently) at http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=19&messageid=398620

Since then, I posted additional resources that might be of help to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply