Save Blob Storage Key in Package

• Hi Guys,

Is there a way to save the Blob Storage Key into a package/project so that it doesn't need to be modifed after deployment each time?

cheers

Alex

• alex.sqldba wrote:

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to save the Blob Storage Key into a package/project so that it doesn't need to be modifed after deployment each time?

cheers

Alex

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that? Whatever it is, I don't have to modify if every time after deployment.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Pardon my slow reply.

The storage key is used to autenticate the SSIS Azure Components with the Storage Accout. We have files (text files, csv, etc) on these accounts which we use SSIS to import into SQL Server (on-prem, hilariously) but to do the the key needs  to put into the connection in the package.

• alex.sqldba wrote:

Pardon my slow reply.

The storage key is used to autenticate the SSIS Azure Components with the Storage Accout. We have files (text files, csv, etc) on these accounts which we use SSIS to import into SQL Server (on-prem, hilariously) but to do the the key needs  to put into the connection in the package.

OK, then the answer is yes.

Assuming you are deploying your packages to SSISDB, you can create a storage key parameter in your package and pass its value as an SSISDB environment variable. If/when the value of the storage key changes, all you need to do is modify the environment variable.

More about parameters here.

More about SSISDB variables here.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply