SCCM Reports

• Hi,

I have tried and tried and I seem to be missing some thing and I think its understanding the structure of SCCM.

I need to develop a report for Windows security update effectiveness

Desktops % having all Windows security updates

Average time to deploy updates: average time from when update was released to when it was deployed to collection Company – Workstations (PRODUCTION), in days rounded up to nearest day

Average time for updates to be installed: complex formula, see below

Servers % having all Windows security updates

Average time for updates to be installed: complex formula, see below

“Having all Windows security updates” is defined as: for all security updates, if the update was required for the target, the update has been installed. Exclude superseded and expired updates.

For average time for updates to be installed, the method would be:

Time to install an update = (date updated installed, or current date if update is not installed) - (later of: date update was released, or system install date)

Result to report = average of all the Time to install for all updates on all systems being reported, in days, rounded up to nearest day

This is to avoid systems that are recloned or deployed after the update was released causing the metrics to go crazy.

Does this make any sense to any one as I am lost.

Appreciate all and any help.

Hope this helps...

Ford Fairlane
    Rock and Roll Detective

• Maybe this will help http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22052

• Appreciate that. Thanks 🙂

Hope this helps...

Ford Fairlane
    Rock and Roll Detective

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply