Scheduled DTS Job fails

• Hi all

I dropped and recreated a DTS package and reschedule it as a job but only runs successfully as a DTS package, it fails with the following when executed as a job

Executed as user: Servername\sqlserver. ...art:  DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_2   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_2; DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1: 0 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_2; DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2: 0 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_2; DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3: 0 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_2; DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4: 0 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 0   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSExecutePacka...  Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

Can someone help me out please because the job runs ok prior to my changing the Package and also runs successfully as DTS package after the change. Thanks

• What does the package log say when the package is executed from the job? 

If you previously specified a specific version of the package in the DTSRUN command in the job, you should change it to run just the package name so the latest version of the package will be executed.

Greg

Greg

• Does the specified user have sufficient privileges to execute the package?  If you schedule the job to run with your ID does it run?

John

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal chaos will be resumed as soon as possible. :crazy:

• did you ever figure this out?  I am having trouble with a scheduled DTS pakcage too.  Everything seems to run fine from a command line and from the SQL Agent job, but it reports Exit Code 1 failure.  ????  (with no errors)  as a matter fact, I can test the return code at the command line by executing "echo %errorlevel%" and it says 1 too, but I'm not sure why.

• funky.  I figured it out. 
      The non-Zero Exit Code was due to my programmatically manipulating Step properties.  I had set the ExecStatus of a step/task to "Complete" so that another step/task that depended on its completion would be able to run.  I discovered this was the problem when I looked at the package [error]log and noticed that although the package was reporting a Successful completion, the step in question was reporting a failure at 12:00.  I moved the dependency from the optional task to a mandatory task, and added a little Active-X to the workflow properties to check for the previous dependency to be inactive or complete.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply