Scheduled Package Failing

• I have created a package that...

1. Deletes data in a SQL Server Table
    2. Connects to an IBM AS/400 box using IBM Client Access.
    3. Retrieves data from AS/400 into table cleared in step 1

I can execute the package manually with no problems, either on the server or from a client PC via EM.

However, the package does not seem to run under scheduler. It clears the data (Step 1) but nothing is retrieved from the 400. This suggests to me that it's failing to get a connection to the AS/400, but why can I run the package manually if this is the case?

This package was working fine, it's only recently it's started to fail. No new software has been installed on the server. The package is scheduled to run under a domain administrator account, the same account that created the package.

The package does not error, it simply hangs after Step 1 so no information regarding possible errors is recorded.

Any help or pointers appreciated, can't figure this one out!

Thanks

• When you run the package manually are you running it from your machine and not the server? Reason I ask is do you have the same driver on the server as you do your machine to connect to the AS/400? Just a thought

------------

Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA

• I've connected to the server via terminal services & can execute the package manually there, the drivers are the same on both client & server machines.

I think I'm going to have to try that ever helpful solution, server reboot!

Thanks for response...

• FYI - Managed to solve this, I noticed there was a process running that had a very high 'Wait Time' value.

This was due to an OPENQUERY SQL statement against a linked server that had not terminated & was causing subsequent connections to fail. Even a kill process from 'Process Info' in EM failed to end the process!

A server reboot fixed the problem nicely...

• It sound like you need to set the logins on both servers to SQL Autherized not Windows

I Had the same problem I had to create a new user on each server and set the premisson on the servers and the packet to match my new user

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply