Scheduled SSIS Package success but fails

• I have deployed a package to sQL server 2005.

When I run it manually it succeeds.

When I schedule it (packaged security is server storage) and use the "start job at step" options i get a success when infact the package has failed with this error

Started: 1:41:24 PM Error: 2009-03-30 13:41:41.05 Code: 0xC002F304 Source: Web Service Task 1 Web Service Task Description: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: The input Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file is not valid. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil..ctor(Object connection, String downloadedWSDL) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()". End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_SUCCESS (0). Started: 1:41:24 PM Finished: 1:41:41 PM Elapsed: 16.391 seconds. The package executed successfully. The step succeeded.

Running the package directly does not cause a problem with the wsdl file. I think the job can't find it but don't understandy why?

i'm assuming the wsd file is a resource of the package. How can the package execute fine but when scheduled can't find some of the resources.

regards

• Hi - I ran into this today. it was my share permissions for the server agent account. I personally had share permissions on the location of the wsdl file and the .asmx web service file, hence the ide working fine, but the service account did not. gave it share permissions, and voila.

cheers - morgstar.

• Yes i ran into all sort of issues with permission. I was reading, writing and deleting files in the operating system and at one point it even complain that the service didn't have pemission to talk to the .net framework. For all my problems in the end i think the schedule runs under admin privledges. Which I don't like but that's the only way i could get it all to run.

There are lots of issue with SSIS that I came accross that make it a poor product. Bugs in the vb.net compiler, the xml reader etc etc.

Almost gave me a nervous breakdown.

Thanks for your reply though

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply