Screwed up links and pagination and logins

• I guess suggesting to go to the old format would be inappropriate?   Sorry....

Seriously, it is still painful to use the new one due to bugs.  Consider this morning's attempt:

Click on the article link in the overnight e-mail to read it, and as usual I'm logged in (at least the top right says "logout" and not "login").  Except... there's this message that "you must be logged in to read it" and referring me to to login link on the top right.  but... it's a logout link.  I finally realize there is another login link in the paragraph, hit that, and poof -- I'm in, no need to enter login info.  Very confusing.

Then I start reading active threads on those tiny little pages.  I have 8 to go through (it says), so I start going through them.  Suddenly I'm back on page 1.  What?  So I try again watching closely, I get to 5 of 6 and hit "next" and suddenly I'm on page 1 of 8 again.  Do it again just to make sure -- back again.  No possible way that I see to get to page 6-8, as there are no page-specific buttons, only "next".

Non-scalable fonts, tiny pages that you have to page through... I hate to say it because I really love this site and really appreciate all you guys did, but this has been a real blow to the utility of your site.

• We're working through issues still. As I've said before in other posts (not necessarily to you!), we pretty much had to make the change. At this point the list has shrunk quite a bit, but we still do have an open list. We try to spend some time each day making things better. Hopefully you'll be able to live with our growing pains until it all smooths out. In the interim I'd appreciate if you'd drop me an email when you see an issue or file a problem report.

• Sorry, I guess I kind of lost track of where to post problem reports, and was thinking this was it (since I saw others here).

I now see there is a link at the top of the forums page, and will use that in the future.

• Its no problem. Probably not a good sign that we have a link to report bugs?! I've gotten a lot of good stuff from ideas/problems people have submitted so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply