Script or formula to calculate Fiscal Week.

• Hello.

I have been asked to create an excel spreadsheet as a template for tracking projects usiing fiscal weeks. I have never done anything with formulas or scripts in excel before ... unless you count add an subtract formulas in cells.

I am supposed to pick an end date, and then write a script to start calculating fiscal weeks backward from the end date. For example, in 2012, if I pick an end date in FW 10, the formula or script is supposed to take that date and start calculated FW week backward from that, starting with FW 1 to the left of the end date, and adding 1 to each cell to the left until I get back to FW 1.

• I could give you a formula (or better yet, a calendar table solution) for that in SQL Server, but not in Excel. Have you tried posting the question on an Excel site or something like that?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply