scripting views

• Hi there,

am I missing something in enterprise mangler or is there no nice way to script views? trying to get a complete script dump of a database for redistribution/installation and it refuses to do dependancys in views.

Is there some way to get it to script them right or do I just need to manually go thru and place them in the proper order?

regards,

Chris

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• 1. What SP Level do you have ? (SP3a)

2. Are all the objects owned by dbo?

* Noel

• Yes and Yes.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was by the nature of views what happens. Just didn't know if someone knew a 3rd party widget or what not. Regardless its only like 40ish views I need to juggle... more annoyance than anything.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. I have around 150 views and ALL can be scripted out. So I don't know what are you talking about.

2. Are you using anything special like schemabinding or are the views dependencies Too Deep ?

It may be worth researching a little bit more!

* Noel

• Nothing with SCHEMABINDING.

How deep CAN dependencys be nested and still work? I think that might be the issue. 'A' needs 'B' needs C,D & E.

I think they do get a little deep.

Thanks,

Chris

• Check this:

- if any view that is beign scripted is trying to access a linked server that not longer exists it won't work!

- are you selecting the "script all dependent objects" in EM ?

* Noel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply