Security

• I have deployed a report and data source to our sql reporting server and can run/view it just fine.   However, I'm having an issue with the user group not being able to see it.   The users are set up in an active directory group, which I've added to the report (security tab) for which they need access.   The data source is an oracle database which I've set up with the user name and password.   Does anyone know what I could possibly be missing here?  I would appreciate any assistance.  Thanks 

• Libby,

In order to assist, could you clarify more specifically what the user group is seeing.  Are they not seeing the report in report manager?  If so, and the report is in a folder (or nested folder) you need to give Browser permissions to all the folders in the path to the report.   Or do they see the report but are unable to invoke it?  That could also be a permissions issue, especially if you are using custom roles.

I assume your own account is an administrator on the SSRS box or instance?

Scott Thornburg

• One common issue is permissions to the /Oracle/<version>/Bin folder on the Report server (where the Oracle Client is installed).

You need to grant read + execute permissions to this folder to the account the RS is running under as well as the unattended execution account setup for RS (if it's RS2005).

I don't believe it's necessary to give permissions to the usergroup - but it may turn out that it is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply