Security on Reports

• Hi,

Is it possible to retreive the NT username of the person who is accessing a Report in SQL reporting services 2005?

I need to restrict access to results of a query but would prefer that no additional credentials be entered by the user when generating the report if they are logged into the Domain.

Any ideas or links to reading material would be appreciated.

G

• The report manager gives you the ability to restrict access to folders and reports by network Group and/or user without the need to supply further credentials.

• Grinja, are you looking to restrict access to the report in general, or limit the results returned by report? i.e. Users in the Region1 group see info relating to region 1, Users in the Region2 group see info relating to region 2?

If you are restricting access to the entire report, then set up your security via report manager, you can find out more about that in Books Online...

However if you're just trying to limit the result set without having the user select a parameter for the report, you could make use of the IS_MEMBER() TSQL function in your where clause of your query.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• See [font="Courier New"]User.UserID[/font] here

• Hi

You might already know this but the one thing I recently learned is that we can do this by querying the Report Server Database that has pretty much all information needed

Vani

• Hi thanks for all the feedback. Apologies for not replying to this post sooner (i really thought i had :P)

In the end we used ORIGINAL_LOGIN() and used the result in a stored proc to limit data.

Thanks again.

G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply