Security within Analysis Services

• In the company that I work , there are 2 LANs one Microsoft, the other Novell 6. Some off our cubes are read restricted based on the windows username. This however does not work for the Novell users. Can SQL server be configured to identify these users or is there some softsware that can be bought / Novell configured to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• If you are trying to directly access cube data, you should look at HTTP security.  It is the only way in AS to do what you are trying to do.

You could try other third party tools that have security models that may work in your environment as well (i.e. Proclarity, SwiftKnowledge) or even use Reporting Services to expose the cube data.

HTH

Steve Hughes, Magenic Technologies

• Sorry didn't explain things properly.

Cubes are viewed via asp pages and we get the domain and logon of the user. This works fine when the user comes from the Microsoft controlled domain but not from the Novell one as we “loose” this information. The asp page then , quite correctly, says that the user doesn’t have the required credentials to view the page.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply