SELECT permission denied for aspnet object...

• Hey all,

I am getting the following errors:

SELECT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', schema 'dbo'.

SELECT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', schema 'dbo'.

INSERT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', schema 'dbo'.

I have looked and looked, and cannot find the solution to this.  The "work around" I have now is to add the user running this as DB Owner to the tempdb.  This works for a while, it appears to stop working when SQL is restarted. 

What is the fix here?  perhaps there is a different version of the aspnet_regsql.exe -W that was run to set up the DB?  Perhaps something else is in error - Please help!

Cory

-- Cory

• I found a fix.  http://idunno.org/articles/277.aspx

even tho I am working in sql 2005, this seems to fit

incase that site goes down, here is the summary:

Configuring SQL2000 SP3

So, you have created the database, you've created the user, given it rights to all the stored procedures in the ASPState database, you've up to date with patches, Windows, IIS SQL, and you connect to your web site...

SELECT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', owner 'dbo'.

INSERT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', owner 'dbo'.

SELECT permission denied on object 'ASPStateTempApplications', database 'tempdb', owner 'dbo'.

SP3 for SQL 2000 adds a new security feature, disabled by default, cross-database ownership chaining (see KB 810474 for details). When this feature is disabled, ASP.Net session state stops working.

To reconfigure SQL 2000 SP3 for ASP.net session state you must run

use mastergoEXEC sp_configure 'Cross DB Ownership Chaining', '0';RECONFIGUREGO

Now restart your SQL server, then run

use master go EXEC sp_dboption 'ASPState', 'db chaining', 'true' go

-- Cory

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply