SELECT Statement Question

• Hi Damon,

Thank you for the link, currently I'm fine tuning my training by reviewing all notes and working with a tutor. The goal is to get a certificate.

I do have several other postings re: WITH CUBE and WITH ROLLUP and some aggregate related topics.

I did not receive a lot of response on any of these, although Gail Shaw was very helpful.

Please feel free to weigh in on those other posts.

And, yes I agree, the group support (esp for this post) has been ...:cool:

-Roberta-

• Hi Roberta

I am late to join this discussion. Did you explore this library http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177673.aspx

It is a mine for T-SQL statements. I think most of your queries should be solved. 🙂

Regards:)

• Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip, and YES, I do use it all the time. A classmate of mine in ASP.NET pointed it out to me.

However, I look to other sites as well for alternate, or more clear definitions, like wikipedia.org and whatis.com among so many more.

Keep an eye out for my future posts, thanks again.

-Roberta-

• Anirban Paul (3/27/2008)

Hi Roberta

I am late to join this discussion. Did you explore this library http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177673.aspx

It is a mine for T-SQL statements. I think most of your queries should be solved. 🙂

Regards:)

Isn't that the same as "Books Online?"

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Hi Paul,

After seeing Jeff Moden's post, I realized that you were pointing me to a specific area of the site for WITH CUBE and WITH ROLLUP which I actually hadn't looked at yet. So, thank you for that extra tip, I will check it out.

I am posting another topic on Query Building, so please keep an eye out.,,;)

-Roberta-

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the post because you prompted me to pull up the site and then realize it was specifically related to WITH CUBE and WITH ROLLUP which I did not get a lot of response on.

Anyway, that area is the SQL Developer Center which I don't know if it is affiliated with Books Online.

I am now submitting a post on Query Building, so pls keep an eye out, thanks....:)

-Roberta-

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply