Send email notification when PackageTask fails

• Hello All,

I have a parent package calling four child packages one after another inside a sequence container. If any package fails with some unexpected reasons (Example, Database Shutdown) I want to send an error email notification to a distribution group. I'm trying to do this using Event Handlers but it doesn't seem to be working. Could anyone please let me know how I can send email notification when the ExecutePackage task fails.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Amith Vemuganti

• Did you go into the properties of the task and change FailParentOnFailure to TRUE? The default is FALSE.

HTH

[font="Courier New"]ZenDada[/font]

• Oh and same thing goes for tasks in those daughters. You can force package failure in the tasks within the daughters and send mail from there I think?

[font="Courier New"]ZenDada[/font]

• Thanks for the Reply. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working. Could you explain me in detail how can I do this. Here is the scenario:

I have a Parent Package calling Child Package. In Parent Package, on the Execute Package task Event Handler I have defined a SendMail task on OnError event. So whenever the ExecutePackage task fails for some reason the Parent Package should trigger the Send Mail task in the Event Handler.

Thanks,

-Amith Vemuganti

• Not sure if this would work but shouldn't it be set to the TaskFailure event as "technically" it isn't an error?

I have a setup that sends an email from children using the failure workflow property on the task itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal chaos will be resumed as soon as possible. :crazy:

• Try to take advantage of the Precedence Constraint of the ExecutePackage task and lead it to the Send Mail task. It may work.

Charley

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply