Send mail without use Mail Server

• Hi everybody, I have a server only for my area and this there isn't autorized for use the Mail Server(SMTP) but we have to send some mail about a process or job with attachments. Someone know the way of do it? or maybe know about a Free SW that can do it this task?

Thanks for your help!

• You really can't send email without SMTP of some sort. You might be able to set up a local SMTP server, but that'll require administration, et al, and use resources that SQL Server will want to use. You might be able to get away with some sort of SMS implementation, but that's really limited compared to SMTP.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• so are you not allowed to setup dbmail on the SQL server, or you just don't have a specific SMTP mail server that you know you can use?

I've setup a database mail profile on my SQL server to use a gMail account (which is free) with no issues. I've also set up soem that use my personal email, as wella s the typical corporate profiles to send out emails as well.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Try to use free command line utility mailsend.exe with google's SMTP Server smtp.gmail.com.

You can embedd the code within any TSQL Script using SQLCMD or OSQL.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• I dont have a SMTP for use.

I has configured the SQL Mail with the follows parameters:

- E-mail address: myaccount@gmail.com

- Server name: smtp.gmail.com

- SMTP Authentication:

User name: myaccount

Password: my pass

The Database Mail Log show the error:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2011-01-05T12:53:47). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (Se produjo un error durante el intento de conexión ya que la parte conectada no respondió adecuadamente tras un periodo de tiempo, o bien se produjo un error en la conexión establecida ya que el host conectado no ha podido responder).

Maybe something is bad in the configuration?

Thanks for your help.

• Check if this helps

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic690626-146-1.aspx

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• here you go: visually, this is exactly how my gmail account is set up, and it works...the important piece is the port and mailserver address:

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Wow ! Lowell is always there and ever ready to help. Great effort and post.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• Dear Lowell, I has configured de Database Mail like the picture of your answer, but when I Send Test-Email show the follow error:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2011-01-05T17:22:33). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (Se produjo un error durante el intento de conexión ya que la parte conectada no respondió adecuadamente tras un periodo de tiempo, o bien se produjo un error en la conexión establecida ya que el host conectado no ha podido responder)

I has restart my server but nothing, follow the same error.

• ok just checking the basics here...at my job, for example, google mail is blocked by our firewall because it's a corporate time waster...utube/facebook etc are all blocked as well...could google stuff be blocked by a firewall at your network? at ours they allow news.google.com and http://www.google.com, and that's it.

just want to eliminate some assumptions first.

Lowell

• As Lowell mentioned, please check if you are able to

ping smtp.gmail.com

from the command prompt.

In order for the email to work, you must be able to communicate with google sever .

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• Dear Lowell you have reason, I has talk with network admin and any server that there isn't suscribed in the list of SMTP will not permit out emails.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply