Send Reports by mail on a daily basis But changing Parameters

• Hello,

What i need to do is to Send reports to some employees using the report manager or some other application that I will create, but i need to update the parameters sent to the following report on a daily basis without accessing the report manager every day(I think this will be through a predefined algorithm that i will create).

The problem is that the report is based on MDX. I can't find a way to pass the parameters through the URL because i don't know how to pass the parameters if they are based on analysis dimensions.

Can someone explain to me how to do that ...

is there some commands that can be used to do such work ? \

It's really urgent.

Please some help ...

Thanks a lot

• If you create a data-driven subscription on the report, the that will execute a stored procedure to use as the report parameters. Will that do you ?

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Yes that did it...

thank you very much for your fast reply ...

but i need to ask one more question,

If i have permission on the Analysis database on the level of the dimensions (If I don't want some employees to see specific data) does that apply to the generated reports ?

Does the report server validates the roles and security on the Analysis database before sending a specific report ?

Thanks again

• If a user were running a report and you set the database connection to impersonate then Yes that would happen , ive not used analysis server but am assuming it would still work.

However in a scheduled report it can only run as the 'system user', so it cant do that.

You may have to be a bit more clever and pass the username of the person you want the report delivered to and have you stored procedure filter for appropriate data.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Thanks again,

I appreciate your response it was very helpful.

I guessed that !! I asked just to make sure, because i tried to check the impersonate option, when I did that the report manager didn't let me create a new data driven subscription ...

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply