SENDING EMAILS USING MULTIPLE MAPI PROFILES

• Hi,

I have Outlook 2000 installed on my IIS / SQL server and have two Outlook profiles configured to connect to seperate Exchange accounts.

I would like to send emails depending on the message from either of the two profiles. Except it always sends the message from the default profile account 'Profile 1'!

How do I select a different profile name prior to sending the message ?

e.g.

EXEC master.dbo.xp_startmail 'Profile 2'

EXEC master.dbo.xp_sendmail

@receipients = 'Mike',

@subject = 'test',

@message = 'message'

This sends the email from the default profile 'Profile 1' !!!!!!!

Also, is it possible to send an email in HTHL format rather than plain text ?

Cheers.

Mike

• 1. You have to specify a password and make sure that the SQL Server account has access to that other Profile!

2. Sendmail does NOT provides HTML capabilities 🙁

HTH

* Noel

• Thanks for that.

Our IIS server is logged in as Administrator and both Exchange profiles can be access by this user.

Do you mean I should start the xp_startmail with an NT user name and password rather than a profile name ?

EXEC master.dbo.xp_startmail 'NT User Name', 'Password'

Cheers.

Mike

• 1.The IIS account is not important for that, is the SQL Server Service Account the one that has to have the permissions

2. The procedure is like this

exec xp_stopmail -- Stop the session if Running

exec xp_startmail 'PROFILE NAME', 'password for user'

exec xp_sendmail @recipients ='account@domain.com', @subject ='test'

* Noel

• Hi,

It works !!!

I think the key to this one is you stopped the mail service before specificing a new profile as it also works now without sending a password.

Thanks once again.

Mike

• Because you are using Exchange Mail and NOT internet mail you are authenticating with NT Account only and that's why you don't require password.

I am glad I could help

* Noel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply