Sending out an email when SSIS package fails upon validation/communication error

• I currently have a Send Mail task in the OnError event of an SSIS package which successfully sends an email if the package encounters certain errors when it is executed. However, the OnError event will not be triggered if there is a validation error for the connection managers.  Does anyone have any ideas how to best handle sending out emails upon package failure, even when there is a communication failure in the validation stage? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Where have you got your OnError event, is it for the whole package? If so, then the event will trigger. Do you, perhaps, have some items (like your connection managers) set to Delay Validation to FALSE? If you change it TRUE, then things like checking the connection is valid will happen when it needs it, rather than pre execution of your package.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A - Monday, January 30, 2017 4:59 PM

Where have you got your OnError event, is it for the whole package? If so, then the event will trigger. Do you, perhaps, have some items (like your connection managers) set to Delay Validation to FALSE? If you change it TRUE, then things like checking the connection is valid will happen when it needs it, rather than pre execution of your package.

Hi Thom,

Thanks for the reply. I have the OnError event for the entire package. But yes, I actually do have the DelayValidation property set to False. I will implement your suggestion and hopefully it will resolve the issue. Thanks very much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply